‣ Four-year letterman (1994-1995, 1997-1998) defender from Spokane, Wash.
‣ Helped lead Washington to NCAA Tournament appearances in 1995, 1997 and 1998.
‣ As a professional, won four MLS Cups (one each with L.A. Galaxy and San Jose Earthquakes; two with Houston Dynamo), four West-ern Conference titles, one Supporters Shield and one Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup.
‣ Played in 156 career matches in MLS, currently the third-most ever among UW men’s soccer alumni.
‣ Undrafted by the MLS out of college, Waibel signed with the A-League Seattle Sounders, playing for them in 1999, and earning a call-up to the MLS Colorado Rapids in 2000.
‣ Selected in the third round of the 2001 MLS SuperDraft by the San Jose Earthquakes, but was later signed by L.A. Galaxy, for whom he played from 2001-2002. Went on to play three seasons for the Earthquakes (2003-2005) before spending five years with the Hous-ton Dynamo (2006-2010), making 80 appearances for Houston.
‣ Following playing career, was an assistant coach at Michigan, Washington, and Real Salt Lake before moving to the front office, taking the job as RSL technical director in 2015.
‣ Was quickly named Real Salt Lake’s general manager in 2015, a role he held until 2019.
‣ On April 1, 2021, was named sporting director for the Seattle Sounders.